Motor Vehicle Accident Rehabilitation - post Car Accident Rehab
The fee is typically covered by your accident benefits claim through your car insurance. MVA patients must see one of our Physiotherapists or Doctors of Chiropractic for an initial assessment of their injury or injuries before proceeding with regular sessions. At Total Physio, it is common for the patient to see multiple professionals at our clinic. Massage Therapy is usually integrated into MVA treatment as many people suffer from stiffness and soreness after a car accident. After the assessment, a treatment plan is then prepared with the patient and a report is provided to the family doctor and the patient’s insurance company.
What to do if injured in a car accident
1. Report the accident to your insurance company within seven days. You should know details regarding the accident, such as your own insurance information, the other parties insurance information, description of the accident, extent of the damage/injury, name and badge number of the police officer involved.
2. Once your claim is reported you will be contacted by the claims adjuster assigned to your file - this person will help guide you through the claims process.
3. By Law, if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, you are entitled to certain benefit regard-less of fault. Some examples include: income replacement, care-giver, medical and rehabili-tation benefits.
4. Your adjustor will provide you with an Application for Accident Benefits Package which should include 5 forms: OCF1, OCF2, OCF3, OCF5, and OCF23. Each form must be completed and returned to the insurance company in a timely manner in order for the claim to be processed.
5. Once your insurance company has received and reviewed your Application for Accident Benefits, it will inform you in writing which benefits you can expect to receive and which portions of your claim your insurance company will pay for.
Check out The Financial Services Commission of Ontario website for further information on motor vehicle accident information.
Follow the link below to learn more. This document is in PDF format, which require the freely-available Adobe Acrobat Reader utility. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat download it here and follow the on-screen prompts to install it to your hard drive.