Total Physio offers Shockwave Therapy as an effective alternative to surgery and injections. Shockwave Therapy is a non-invasive treatment for chronic musculoskeletal conditions, which do not respond to regular Physiotherapy (e.g., plantar faciitis, heel spurs, etc.). Pneumatically generated shock waves are transmitted into the pathologically changed regions over a wide area. Contact gel is used to conduct the Shockwave Therapy. No anesthetic or medication is used.
- Heel pain (Plantar Fasciatis, Heel Spur)
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Should pain (Rotator Cuff Tendinpathy, Calcification of Supraspinatus)
- Tennis elbow (Epicondylopathy)
- Knee ("Jumpers knee" = Patella Tendinpathy)
- Shin Splints, Tibialis Anterior Syndrome
- Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome
- Chronic Enthesopathies (Painful irritation of tendon attachments due to overexertion or improper strain, or due to degenerative processes)
The beneficial effects of Shockwave Therapy:
- Releases more Substance P
- Inhibits the COX II Enzyme
- Activates cellular defenses
- Hyperstimulates nerve fibres
Shockwave treatment has quick results and usually no more than three or four sessions are needed. With a high success rate of 70-85%, pain relief and freedom of movement is possible.